12th June 2018
Dear Parents and Carers,
Firstly, I would like to wish all of our families who have been observing Ramadan a very Happy Eid al-Fitr at the end of this week.
Following the success of our Royal Wedding picnic, we would like to invite you all to take part in our Summer picnic lunch on Wednesday 20th June. Please see the attached letter for details of this picnic.
A number of trips have been taking place this week and some more are to follow. Year 2 have been to Beamish museum, Year 4 are going to Tynemouth, and Reception to the Rising Sun Country Park. A small group from Year 6 have been to a Debating Competition at the Civic Centre and did the school proud. Some of the girls in Year 5 and 6 will be taking part in a WAGS festival at St. John’s Primary School. Newcastle United Foundation will be working with Year 3 families after school on Mondays till the end of term.
As Year 4 have had the best attendance this year, they are being rewarded by being selected to attend one of the two exciting experiences. Half of the Year Group will attend the ‘BIG GIG’ and the other half an ‘In Harmony’ performance at the Sage Gateshead (letters to follow separately). Well done Year 4!
Year 6 children will be taking part in transition events with their new schools throughout July.
Finally, can I remind you to ensure that your child has their P.E. kit in school every week.
Dates for your diary
- Thursday 14th June Year 4 visit to Tynemouth
- Friday 15th June INSET Staff Training Day
- Tuesday 19th June Year 4 Group 1 – BIG GIG
- Wednesday 20th June Whole School - Summer Picnic
- Wednesday 20th June New Nursery Children drop-in
- Thursday 21st June Class 4W – Bikeability Course
- Friday 22nd June Class 4P – Bikeability Course
- Monday 25th June Year 4 Group 2 – Sage Gateshead
- Tuesday 26th – Wednesday 27th June Class 5S – Bikeability Course
- Tuesday 26th – Friday 29th June Seahouses Residential Visit
- Thursday 28th – Friday 29th June Class 5W – Bikeability Course
- Thursday 28th June Year 6 Health and Wellbeing Event
- Wednesday 4th July Sports Event
- Friday 20th July Last day of Summer Term
- Wednesday 5th September Autumn Term starts
Dates to follow for annual reports and parent consultations.